The responses to the survey also included some suggestions and questions we are now using as the basis for developing the My Lumo service. Some of the suggestions have already been put to use. Below, you will find three of the most frequent suggestions and three of the most frequent questions.
3 x suggestions
- Making the My Lumo service available in English in addition to Finnish. We are currently working hard to make this a reality. The English version is currently being tested and we aim to make it available to our residents at the turn of the year.
- Making resident notices accessible without login. Lumo residents will find it easier to read important notices. By logging in to the My Lumo service, you can specify how you wish to be informed of new notices: via e-mail or SMS. In the future, you can access the notice directly by clicking on the message – easy and no need for logging in. This new feature will be made available in early 2020.
- Monitoring of fault reports made more up-to-date. When a Lumo resident submits a fault report in the My Lumo service, monitoring the progress of the report will be easier and more up-to-date. Next spring, residents will also be able to easily provide feedback on any services, thus enabling more efficient corrective action.
3 x FAQ
- Does the My Lumo login require online banking credentials every time? No, it does not. Online banking credentials are only needed when logging in to the My Lumo service for the first time. After that, the user can make a user account or connect the My Lumo service to their Facebook, Google or Microsoft account. This can also be done later: click on your initials in the top right-hand side corner of My Lumo to find the Omat tiedot (My Data) section.
- Who decides which notices and other communications I receive? You do. Click on your initials in the top corner of the My Lumo service to find the Viestit ja ilmoitukset (Messages and notifications) menu. Under the Asukasviestintä (Resident communications) section, you can select your preferred communications channels. You can also find your information on the front page of the service in the Asiointi (Services) section as a separate tile.
- Is the My Lumo service available as an app? The My Lumo service is not an app, but you can easily turn it into an app-like shortcut on your phone.
How to create a shortcut on your phone for the My Lumo service
1. Use the browser on your phone to go to lumo.fi/mylumo-en. In the top corner of the screen, you will see three vertical dots. Click on them.
2. In the menu, select "Add to Home screen".
3. In the menu, select "Add". A shortcut to the My Lumo service appears on your phone’s Home screen. The shortcut takes you directly to the service without needing to open your browser.
1. Use the browser on your phone to go to lumo.fi/mylumo-en. On the website, click on the button with an upward arrow in a box.
2. Then, click on the "Add to Home Screen" option.
3. In the menu, select "Add". A shortcut to the My Lumo service appears on your phone’s Home Screen. The shortcut takes you directly to the service without needing to open your browser.